The Philadelphia-Neshoba Choctaw COVID-19 Task Force, made up of the Chief Executives of the City, County, the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians with the cooperation of officials from Neshoba General Hospital, Neshoba County Emergency Management, Public Safety and our state legislators strongly emphasize that:
Everyone please exercise all necessary actions and be diligent in adherence to the guidelines and recommendations put forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the MS Dept. of Health (MSDH) to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic in our community.
We can’t over emphasize the seriousness of this pandemic. Please limit your outings to only those that are necessary and adhere to social distancing recommendations. Please refrain from any casual outings and gatherings. Please stay at home and self-quarantine to the extent possible to prevent Covid-19 virus transmission. Your health and the safety and health of our fellow citizens and health care workers working tirelessly to contain this pandemic are paramount. Please assist us in adhering to the following guidelines as set by; The Board of Alderman of Philadelphia, The Board of Supervisors and the Tribal Council of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians:
City of Philadelphia
• City Wide Curfew 9:00pm – 6:00am beginning Friday, March 27, 2020 – until further notice. This Curfew does NOT mean businesses must close during those hours.
• City Hall is locked call 601.656.3612 or instructions on door.
• City Courts have been postponed until further notice.
• All other City Services and Departments are still functioning as usual.
• PHS High School Cafeteria is serving Hot Meals (lunch and breakfast) 11:00am-1:00pm adult meals are $3.75
• In cooperation with the City of Philadelphia, suspension of all park activities and closure of all the Park systems and locations until further notice.
• Suspension of all activities and meetings at the Neshoba County Coliseum.
• The Neshoba County Courthouse will be closed to the public until at least April 7th, except for necessary and required court scheduled and conducted by the Court of jurisdiction. This includes the Courthouse Annex that houses Justice Court. All citizens are encouraged to conduct required business by telephone. Email, mail and online.
• Neshoba County Sanitation Department will run regular schedules during the emergency by pickup times may vary. Additionally, the Waste Convenience
Center at the Neshoba County Unit Facility Building will be open, but may have reduced hours during the emergency.
• Neshoba County School District GRAB and Go meals (breakfast and lunch) at NCES Campus pick-up time 10:30am – 1:30pm adult meals $3.75
Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians
• Tribal Government is on partial shutdown. Most offices are closed to public and can be reached via phone or email. Tribal Directory available on choctaw.org.
• Some operations at Pearl River Resort are shut down including Silver Star Hotel & Casino, Golden Moon Hotel & Casino and Bok Homa Casino.
Still Open: Dancing Rabbit Inn, Dancing Rabbit Golf Club, Welcome Center and Pearl River Graphics.
• Choctaw Tribal Schools, Early Childhood Programs, Boys & Girls Clubs and Elderly Activity and Nutrition Center are closed.
• Recreation facilities are closed but the staff is helping in other areas.
• The Offices of the Tribal Council are closed effective
March 19 until March 31, 2020.
• Choctaw Tribal Schools GRAB and Go Meals 11:00am-1:00pm at all tribal schools only served to 18 and under.
• Elderly in each Tribal Community are being fed lunch via home deliveries. Food Distribution is also delivering packages to clients.
• Choctaw Tribal Courts are closed through March 31, 2020
For any other information on Tribal Closings contact the Office of Public Information 601.663.7532.